Monday, February 26, 2007

Rock and roll

Know what I got Cat for Valentine's Day? I got her a CD by Santana. Now this was surprising, not to her but to me. I was surprised several weeks ago when we were at a basketball game. Jonboy, the commentator, put on "Oye Como Va" during a timeout and Cat asked, "What's the name of that?" I told her and she said that she had always wanted a Santana album. Who knew??? So that went straight onto the list of "what to get her for the next occasion." We have an anniversay coming up next month (our 37th) and now I have to discover something else she has always wanted. (Cat, if you are reading this, drop some clues, OK?)

Here's another rock photo. It's a somewhat small geode. What fascinates me is the shape. Does it look like the outline of a fish to you? I have no recollection of where we got this one. We have a dozen or so geodes with a variety of interiors. One of them was sawn in two for me by a teacher in my university's science department. But not this one. Just don't remember.

5 comments:

Carolanne said...

I like Santana. When I was growing up, they were supposedly very bad and loud or something. That was back in the good ol' days and compared to music these days, I'd say they're pretty "tame".

spookyrach said...

I'm a Santana fan, too. I once made a copy of my Santana's greatest hits CD for an hispanic friend who's son had just installed a nice new stereo in his truck and needed some appropriate low-rider music. Tell Cat she has cool taste in music.

This does indeed look like a fish. Anyone remember Jabber Jaws?

Anyone?

Lori said...

Ah Santana, I hear my younger years calling me...
You say that is a rock. At first glance I thought it was a shell from the ocean. Perhaps the picture is deceiving. I don't know about a fish, that would be a stretch, or maybe if I squinted.

jonboy said...

Cool rocks, Dude ...
and, cool dude rocks!

Lori said...

It's a week later and I still don't see a fish in that rock.