Sunday, February 11, 2007

Broken--A Photo Hunters posting


Those of you who have followed this blog for a while may remember this photo from a previous posting. I have started to participate in Photo Hunters and the required photo for this week must relate to the theme "Broken." This piece of pottery qualifies. It is the wick spout of a first-century Jewish oil lamp which was dug up in the Jerusalem area. I like to think, even though the chances are remote, that Jesus or his disciples might have handled this lamp.

4 comments:

-tnchick- said...

Wow, interesting piece. I wonder how you obtained it - did you go there or something?

spookyrach said...

Nice photo! I do remember this. I've really enjoyed Pattie's photo hunters posts. Glad you are hooking up with them too.

little david said...

Welcome TNChick! The explanation for my acquisition of this object is in a previous posting: http://howle.blogspot.com/2005/11/heres-what-it-is.html.

Rachel, I hope that it goes well. I have looked at some of the sites in the blogroll and many of them are loaded with ads that try setting cookies. I do not care for that.

Patti said...

David, I had no idea about the cookies!
Anyway, I'm excited that you're doing this.
I still think the lamp looks like a bone.