Monday, October 17, 2005

What in the world?

Pappaw's artifact
Yes, boys and girls, it is that time again. It's time for a "watzat?" brought to you by Monsieur Hibou, the wise old owl (or at least wise-acre old coot). This object belonged to my grandfather, quite an old coot himself. If you look back in the archives of this blog, you will find a photo of me seated on his tractor back when I was a wee lad. When he died in his early 90s, my grandfather had a full head of brilliant white hair. I am hoping the same can be said of me after I am gone. OK, what do you suppose this is? I will have to try to dig up some kind of prize, I suppose. Ah, here it is! I have a keychain that I won at a Blackboard conference. When you press a button (and hold your mouth just right) a little blue light comes on. Classy!

4 comments:

SplineGuy said...

The first one to comment always gets to state the obvious, so I'll take my turn and leave the following guesses to actually make a decent effort.

It's some sort of wooden hinge. The markings look like it some sort of measuring device, so I'll go with a folding ruler. A close relative of the spline, by the way.

Check out my blog here or our family's here

spookyrach said...

A beach chair.

A pop-art piece.

There really should be something to round out this triad of extremely unlikely guesses, but I really have no clue.

jonboy said...

Dang! I really wanted to guess that it is a wooden hinge.
Is it part of a chair of some sort?

jonboy said...

Sorry, didn't realize that Rach had already guessed it was a chair. Since I obviously can't come up with any original guesses of my own, I will shut up now ....