Thursday, October 20, 2005

Another winner!


The most recent "watzat" gave many people the impression of being a wooden hinge. That is not entirely correct. The hinge is metal, probably brass or bronze, but has been striated through the years resulting in a woodgrain type finish. Yes, it is the hinge of a folding wooden rule. It is a Lufkin No. 372 12" rule with an extending metal caliper for precise measurements. It is one of several old measuring devices that I have. Congratulations to SplineGuy for his accurate guess. The prize will be arriving at your doorstep soon.

2 comments:

spookyrach said...

Curse splineguy - taker of the unreliable blue light!

Ha ha!

SplineGuy said...

-- SplineGuy takes a bow --

I must confess, the image in my head was nothing like the full size picture above. Nevertheless, I shall let my little light shine (or at least flicker)