Thursday, January 25, 2007

Antsy for the weekend


There were lots of good guesses on the "watzat?" but the closest anyone got was realizing it was glass. Does anyone remember Royall Lyme cologne? I loved that stuff when I was a teen. After my mom died several years ago, we were cleaning out the storm cellar I lived in for my senior year of high school. (It had electricity and telephone and a built-in desk.) There were several Royall Lyme bottles that I had saved. This is one of them. The "watzat?" shot was taken from above (hence the blurry center).

For the last several days I have been working on another arrangement for handbells, one that combines Amazing Grace and Farewell to Tarwathie. The cool thing is that I finally bought some software that allows me to compose on my computer. Since I do not have aMIDI keyboard, it means figuring out keystrokes. But the best part is that I can start at any measure and play back what has been written. That makes editing a lot easier. I still have a lot to learn (for example, how do you number the measures?), but it is a lot easier than writing it out by hand.

4 comments:

annie said...

Amaazing! Even now, knowing that is what the picture is, I have a hard time imagining those two photos are of different parts of the same thing. I never heard of that stuff!

I hope maybe you can find a way for us distant folks to hear your music.

Patti said...

Storm cellar? Are there pictures? Tell us more!
I could not tell that was glass.
I would love to hear you arrangements.

Lori said...

I remember it, along with Old Spice in the brown bottle, the name I can't recall, but remember that my MOM liked to wear it. Tossed her White Shoulders for a mens aftershave. Wonder what deep psychological meaning that has?? I notice you have flipped your blog and now my brain will have to adjust to reading it differently. Gosh, I don't know.

spookyrach said...

You lived in a cellar. And you're writing music for bells.

If I could spell Quasimodo I would so totally make a smart-ass comment about that.