Sunday, January 14, 2007

Weather pics




Those of you who live where it gets cold all winter may be unimpressed with the photos. But the buildup of ice crystals on the limbs in our backyard this weekend impressed me. You can see that the initial layer of rain had to freeze first. Then the subsequent moisture could stick to the ice layer and grow these great formations. (Click on the photo to see more detail.) Meanwhile, walking anywhere outside is a slippery proposition. Happy Martin L. King Day!

4 comments:

spookyrach said...

Your pictures are great! Isn't this fun? Today, anyway. Last night it took us multiple hours to drive the 45 miles back home and that wasn't too fun.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Love your pictures! I am loving this weather!!!!

annie said...

I love the photos!

Ok, as I told Rach earlier in HER comments, it is SUPPOSED to get cold here soon, but right now it just feels hot and muggy.

I suppose I can take these photos as verification that there is cold weather out there and it is on it's way to us from Texas??

Y'all be careful in that weather.

Patti said...

Beautiful, David! Be careful out there!