Sunday, September 24, 2006

Something from Arthur Miller

Whew, this last week has been very full. At church we have been in the middle of a missions emphasis and I am the chair of the missions committee. I have had something to do in the worship service for the last three weeks (and today I had to run the slides that get projected onto the two big screens at the front). So I have been busy.

But I got double-dog-dared to do another particular audioblog, and I just couldn't refuse. Here is the setup for this clip. The character I am playing is a 90-year-old Russian Jew, an antiques dealer, who has come to an apartment to bid on some furniture. When he gets there, he discovers it is a LOT of furniture and that is troublesome for him. The fellow trying to sell the furniture accuses the old man of jerking his chain. Here is the old man's reply.

this is an audio post - click to play

4 comments:

spookyrach said...

Cool! I missed this one in person. It sounds like you had a lot of fun with it.

Lori said...

That was great!! You are so good. Reminds me a little of listening to the old radio programs before TV!! You need to do one a week.....and thanks for taking the dare!!

little david said...

Three or four years ago I was in a production of Miracle on 34th Street--the radio version. In the play I portrayed several different characters. We decided to record the play so we all met at a studio. However, a couple of the guys couldn't show up. I said that I would cover their parts. As it turned out, several times I had to have a dialogue with myself, using different voices. It got a little amusing in th estudio.

annie said...

I am impressed!