Thursday, May 18, 2006

Cheered up


Thanks to you who commented; you did encourage me. I apologize for whining and I will try to stay away from that in the future. (Don't grumble--right, annie?) And I will remember how nice it is to get comments when I visit your sites.

Since Patti missed the last "watzat" it just made sense to post another. The item pictured was not a gift--I bought it for myself. Although I rarely use it, I like having it around. Obviously it is carved, but out of what? Post your votes, folks.

Now I must grade projects. Students in the biblical interpretation class that I teach must turn in an exegesis paper (that's the analytical research paper) and a practical application (something you could actually use in church). I've graded most of the papers (why can they not pay attention to instructions?--oops, no grumbling) and now I get to look through poems, Sunday school lessons, and sermons. Have a dandy weekend.

Quiz Meme
David is a member of
Machines Gone Wild

Create your own band name @ Quiz Meme

10 comments:

Patti said...

Bone?

annie said...

Didn't sound like you were whining to me.

And I have no idea this time, what this is.

jonboy said...

It's a pagan monkey idol carved out of driftwood ... or maybe it's a pipe.

Anonymous said...

Is it some sort of dragon?

BTW: a mutual friend of ours turned me on to your site. I had no idea that you kept a blog. . . I suppose sometimes you don't really know someone as well as you think you do. . .

Angie N

spookyrach said...

I think it is a chunk of slab bacon. Yep. Bacon.

Just got my cholesterol checked, ha ha!

Spider woman: Everybody is interesting. Thats what makes blogs so popular, I think. And you definitely have my vote for most interesting psuedony... pseudonim...um...fake name!

Captainwow said...

looks like part of a wood carving but right now it also seems like it should be carved chocolate. YUM!!! CHOCOLATE!!!!

glad to hear Orion is doing so well!
smiling and everything !!

Sam can hold his head up now, and smile but he needs help sitting. We call him Bobble Head Sam! ha. He's so fun.
I hope you get to go see your little guy soon.

jonboy said...

... an ash tray? ...

jonboy said...

... One of those things that holds burning sticks of incense ...


(I'll stop now ... maybe!)

little david said...

Wow, this one attracted comments! Angie and Spider Woman, you are welcome any time. And CW, it sounds like Sam-I-Am is loads of fun. I will try to get a photo of Orion and post it.

Well, Jonboy did the most guessing, but Anonymous Angie is on target. The carving is of a dragon, but he serves merely as decoration on the item itself. Where is he from? And what is he decorating?

annie said...

Where is he from? And what is he decorating?

You mean you don't know?...

Is it a walking stick?