Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Another "watzat" for your torment

I think I need some vitameatavegemin. I'm pooped. It really annoys me that I am letting work wear me out like this. I mean, it's all mental--I'm not lifting crates or digging trenches or anything. Just using my brain to do tasks I don't usually do.

What was your first job for which you had to have a SSN? A buddy of mine said he found a job and they needed some more people, so I went with him the first night. Yeah, it was a night shift. We worked in a grocery store warehouse. The job was standing beside a big tank of water and dredging out potatoes that had been dumped in by a conveyor belt. It was back-breaking work and I came home at 2:00 AM smelling like rotten potatoes. That lasted two weeks before I decided, "There has to be something better."

You know the funny thing about watzats is that people complain they are too hard, but they keep on guessing. This was brought to me by a friend when I lived in Hawai'i. What is it?

5 comments:

annie said...

My brilliance strikes early this time! That, my friend, is the top of one of those Russian (?) nesting dolls, painted to look like a woman wearing a red scarf. She has black hair that is parted down the middle. Ta-da!

Am I right?

Sorry to hear that work is wearing you out. Hopefully...eventually, you can slow down and catch your breath.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

hhhmmm....annie might be right.

However my guess is:

a lady bug with lady bug leprosy. It causes the black spots to fall off. I think that is how we all feel....

spookyrach said...

Vitameatavegemin is wearing my out. 'Cause I should know the reference and I just can't quite remember!

There are a lot of days I remember (through rose-colored glasses, no doubt) unloading the grocery truck for City Grocery & Deli. (1st job) I think mental labor is much more tiring, overall. It doesn't seem to respond as well to a hot bath and a good night's sleep as manual labor does.

I'm going with annie on this one. Even if its not right, its an inspired guess!

jonboy said...

Isn't vitameatavegemin an 'I Love Lucy' reference of some sort? Or am I completely off base.

I agree with Annie, but just for kicks and it case Annie is wrong, I'll throw out a guess of my own simply because I don't know how popular Russian dolls are in Hawaii ... a decorative bowling pin.

little david said...

Yes, annie is completely on target. And Jonboy and Spider Woman observed correctly that Vitameatavegamin was featured in an I Love Lucy episode. She got so drunk that she said, "Do you pop out at parties? Are you unpoopular? Well, are you?" It's a very entertaining episode.