Thursday, March 30, 2006

March was hard

Did you enter a time warp zone during March? I did. The month started off with a business trip to San Diego which coincided with the first week of a class I am teaching online. And then our grandson was born a month early, which was great for my daughter-in-law since he weighed a couple of pounds less than he would have at term. But it meant changing plans (several times) in order to be able to see him in his first week out in the big bright world. I was just getting back into the routine of work when there were all these important meetings at which I had to make a presentation and answer questions. I had to do this knowing that my colleague at work will be leaving soon and her position is critical to the success of the programs I was discussing at the important meetings. And now the second-highest ranked administrator of our university just died in a plane crash, so it's turmoil at work. I am just not used to the maelstrom of emotions. March away, March. I am ready for April. (But thank you, blog buddies, who wrote comments even while I was MIA.)

4 comments:

Captainwow said...

Time Warp INDEED! I think we both have good reasons though...
thanks for the fountain tip - he actually came into this world fountaining.... and has fountained a few times since. And pooped in my hand on the way to the bathtub... and spit up in my hair. ::sigh:: whodathunk even these things would be sort of endearing? heh.

spookyrach said...

From someone stuck in the same timewarp - there is still another day left in March and then we have April fool's day. I'm not too optomistic yet.

jonboy said...

I haven't been a big fan of March, myself. And furthermore, I have to do PA at the baseball game in a few minutes and I'm really bumbed that the stinking wind is blowing so danged hard. Baseball is so much more enjoyeable in nice weather.
Also, I still say you assistant can't leave because you just ordered business cards.

Patti said...

March was hard. But it's April now. Are things better?