Sunday, March 12, 2006

To my blog buddies

Maybe it's my reaction to stress. I find myself closing up. I haven't posted a blog entry in a week because I didn't know what to say. I quit going to the music theory class; I really do not have the time to do the increasingly complex homework. I started teaching a biblical interpretation class in which one of the students is a successful engineer who is my age. I feel the pressure to do my best with that class.

At work, there are some positive opportunities on the horizon and I have major responsibilities in bringing about success. Am I up to the challenge? One of my co-workers may be leaving soon and I am already anxious about finding a replacement.

At church, I continue to teach Sunday school. We are sponsoring a team in the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life, and I am the team captain. I am chair of the Missions Committee and a member of the Worship Committee and the Sunday School Task Force and the adult handbell choir and the offering bearers team. And today I observed the person running the audio-visual controls during worship service because the two staff members who have been doing this have left the church and someone is going to have to do it.

This weekend Cat and I will go visit our new grandson. At my work, this trip will have been preceded by a major upgrade to the computer system that my office absolutely relies on. Cat works for accountants, so you know her office is busy. And here we go to California for a few days and try not to worry what is going on back at the office.

Well, I will bring back photos, of course. But I may be somewhat taciturn for a while. At least until I can reduce the stress.

5 comments:

spookyrach said...

Ahem. Please note the following comment comes from someone who is crashing in front of the computer following two days of non-stop home improvement torture and is therefore not thinking particularly clearly.

ARE YOU NUTS, MAN?!!??

Geeze - you have too dang much on your plate. Try the Nancy Reagan heavy artillery and just say no. As in "Hell no, I'm not running the damn slide projector." Or something.

Have a great trip! Ignore all this stuff while you're gone. It won't be in any bigger mess when you get back than it would be if you worried about it all weekend!

jonboy said...

I hate to say this, but I agree with Rach.
I've had students and other friends sit in my office and tell me everything they are involved in and how they just don't have any free time. My advice to them ... 'just say no.' You don't have to do everything that people ask you to do.
And furthermore, remind your co-worker that she can't quit because you guys just ordered business cards.
Also ... (can't say this with a straight face) ... why don't you ask Rach to teach your Sunday School class for awhile.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Please note that everything said is said in love.....

STOP IT!! I am staging a freakin intervention! You are not going to run the damned projector for Church! That needs to be someone elses job. It is not like there are only 27 in Church?!?!?

Were you not given enough attention as a child? Bottle feed?

David...dear wonderful sweet david....God has not told you to do all of those things.

see-through faith said...

oh my - busy as a bee! be blessed :)

annie said...

Well. I am reading from the bottom up and I think I saw a post with something about things being better.

I don't know you well enough to slap you around like Rach and Jonboy and the Princess, plus I just don't do "bossy" well, so I will just say I hope you have worked things out.