Monday, April 10, 2006

April is better


It started with my birthday, the first Saturday of the month. We celebrated by digging up the grass infested iris bed. I couldn't move for the rest of the afternoon. We didn't even go to a movie! But the flowers around here are popping out: tulips, hyacinth, dandelions (oops). The peonies have sent forth their stalks and the gladiolas their spears, so there will be more blooming to come.

I am resigned to the fact that my assistant at work has accepted the call to be a children's minister in a church in Arkansas. She is very excited although nervous because it is her first full-time ministry position and there are about a hundred children in the church. When my last assistant left, I wondered how she was ever going to be replaced. And God provided. So I am trying to keep the faith, as it were.

Grandson is getting bigger though his sleep schedule isn't exactly regularized yet. As far as I know, he has not written anything yet. But I am patient.

Hey, did you know that Microsoft's update to Internet Explorer coming out tomorrow (April 11) has changes in the Active X controls that may mess with the programs you use? I know it is going to affect Blackboard negatively. Just about the time I get one thing fixed, here comes someone messing up another item.

Our Easter musical at church was presented yesterday. The choir did a good job. I made an appearance as Simon Peter. The guy who played a Roman soldier was good. He actually cried.

I found out last weekend that one of my friends who lives in Big Flat City has been reading this blog and never commenting. Yoo-hoo! How many others are out there like that? Don't you know that comments nourish bloggers?

This is about the most disparate posting I have done. I guess it is going to take me a while to get back in the saddle. I think I will ride my bike down to the Dairy Queen and get a blizzard. Maybe that will help.

8 comments:

Patti said...

Beautiful. My tulips are just little nubs emerging from the dirt. It's still pretty cold here. I missed you!

spookyrach said...

Yay for blizzards from Dairy Queen! And tulips! And blog lurkers (especially if they de-lurk themselves).

Disparate is one of my favorite words. And vapid. Can you work vapid into your next post? ha ha!

jonboy said...

I told you guys to order separate business cards ... Just think, though, if you are assistantless for awhile, I'm sure that group of people you work so closely with will be completely understanding.

little david said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Jonboy. That touches my heart. And a sincere "thank you" to Patti who is always very encouraging.

Rotate the "d" 180 degrees and exchange it with the "v" and david becomes vapid. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Did I just learn that Little David's birthday is April Fool's Day??

quickvue

little david said...

Yes, yes, MJ, it is the day I proudly claim as my own birthday. You can guess the kinds of b'day cards I have gotten over the years. This close to Easter, it is a reminder to be a "fool for Christ."

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

~snorts~ fool for Christ.

I am glad that you are back and better.

I like your hair longer. ~sighs~

annie said...

Happy Belated Birthday! My grandfather was an April Fool too! He would be a few years older than you, he was born in 1901.