Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Great place for a meeting

Yeah, it has been a while since I updtaed this thing. The weekend was really busy as I got ready to leave town. Sunday through Wednesday I was gone to a meeting (actually a series of meetings). The acaademic and administrative leaders of our univeristy campuses (about twenty-five in all) all came together in Glorieta NM (not far from Santa Fe). The weather was wonderful. Maybe this photo doesn't do a whole lot for those of you who live up north, but for those of us who live in West Texas, this kind of stuff is magical. The trees were beginning to turn, the ducks were squawking for snacks, and there was a chill in the air. Very refreshing. And the meetings went very well also. There have been times in the past that the atmosphere was acrid with antagonism, but the Glorieta meeting was really productive and harmonious. Maybe it was the Mexican food.

7 comments:

annie said...

I wondered what happened to you! Pretty picture. We recently had a chill in the air, for about two mornings, then we went back to hot and muggy.

Did you take more photos of Glorieta? I have heard it is nice, but I have never been there.

Jody Harrington said...

I'll have to show this photo to my husband, who is a Civil War buff. He's read a lot about the battle at Glorieta. I didn't realize how pretty the area is.

Captainwow said...

hungry now.......

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

That is beautiful!

spookyrach said...

I love to hang out there. (I refusse to go to church camp, but its a fun place to stay.)

Glad to hear things are going well. Is it just my imagination, or have things gotten a bit more progressive in the last year or so?

Patti said...

Must be nice to have to go to New Mexico for work. I get the opportunity to go places like Brooklynn in August, or Syracuse in January.

little david said...

Patti, it is a beautiful spot for doing something work-related. We have an annual administrative meeting each autumn, the site of which rotates between the campuses. Our two New Mexico campuses elected to have their meeting in a place where there would be sufficient room and adequate housing. Next year we will probably go to San Antonio. After that, it will just about be time to return to Hawaii (can't wait!)
And, yes, Rachel, the 100-year-old university is beginning to move forward at a speed slightly greater than that of an iceberg. Of course, I think it all has to do with my office, but I could be a tick off the mark.