Friday, October 20, 2006

Moving down the road


We have had this Saturn for almost ten years. We bought it new in Hawaii. And today it rolled to 122,333 miles: one one, two twos, and three threes. That averages 33 and a half miles a day. How's your car doing?
I have to confess--I stole something. From the church office. I went by today to drop off some photos and there was a tray on a desk with a few pumpkin squares left on it. And I just took one and ate it. I hope they weren't saving those last four for some needy family. Or that they were the ones that fell on the floor.
Well, we are going into Big Flat City tonight to see a thespian presentation. It's called Company and I have no idea what it's about. It's the big state university's presentation, so I hope it is not full of foul language and risque behaviors. They kind of like that daring stuff at the big state university theatre department. Hope your weekend goes nicely.

5 comments:

spookyrach said...

Preeeety cool. Is this a sign of the apocalypse or anything like that?

little david said...

Yeah, the numbers are symbolic. "One"--that's one old car you got there. "Two"--two people been driving it. "Three""--is one of your tires flat?

jonboy said...

I'm just glad to see that you actually stop the car before taking the picture. I saw a lady driving the other day with a cigarette in one hand and a cell phone in the other. I was kind of hoping she would run into something.

annie said...

Well, how was the thespian presentation, dude?

Patti said...

I went to see an adaptation of The Grapes Of Wrath at our state university. Let's just say the ending was JUST like the ending in the book. Go ahead, read it again if you don't remember the ending. My Dad used to joke about it, he'd say, "Hey gramps, want some cookies to go with that milk?" YUCK! And, my then 17 year old daughter was with me. How embarrassing was that!