Thursday, October 12, 2006

And now for something else

The other day my wife got something out of this drawer and then gave me a big hug. See, I made the little partitions for this drawer. You have your scissors-and-other-tools section and the square cell for sticky note pads. The rubber band ball is starting to get almost too big for its spot. There must be twenty-five or thirty pens on the right side. This drawer is in the kitchen and has been the "junk" drawer for the last six years. It used to have an oval basket in it to hold the small junk, but that was not organized enough. So I took my measurements and drew out a plan and built a partitioned box to fit the drawer. And my wife thinks that is terribly clever. Am I blessed or what? Any time I goof up, I can just walk over and open that drawer and she will give me the "Well, OK" look. It's a lifesaver.

6 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Oh man I love that!! You are just so clever david!

Becareful with that rubberband ball. Rach is missing hers and I am really afraid she might take yours. It is impressive!

spookyrach said...

Oh, that is just wrong. Are you mocking me? Or what?

Geeze.

(Kinda impressed by the box, though. Although I worry about people who organize their junk drawers.)

Captainwow said...

that rocks!

Patti said...

Beautiful, david.

jonboy said...

Do you want to come over and organize my junk drawer?

little david said...

Thanks for the comments, folks. No, Jonboy, you will have to do that yourself. It may be the end of the week before I have a chance to post anything new--busy week.