Saturday, August 05, 2006

I'm baaaaaaack!

The next several days, I may or may not report on the Wisconsin trip--depends on spare moments. Over all, the trip was beneficial. The hotel was not horrid, though it was loud. One of the coolest things about the conference was the variety of people there. In the first workshop, I sat next to a woman who lives in Switzerland and works for the UN. In the same session was a guy who is setting up online training for a major manufacturing company, several people from the UK, and a number of administrators from seminaries and Baptist schools.

The building in which we met was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and is three blocks from the state capitol building, which is absolutely gorgeous. And, Mindy, they have plastic cows there too! Here's one now.

I will be replacing the (evidently) menacing eyeball with a flower picture every so often. These were all taken in Madison WI. And below you will find a shot of the capitol building taken from the steps of the convention center. Click on it to see it bigger.

4 comments:

annie said...

Bless you, my child! I glanced over while reading the first paragraph and thought I was in the wrong blog! The flower picture looks loverly!!

That shore is a purty cow too!

Glad you are back!

Patti said...

Don't you just love the midwest?

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I LOVE the cow david!!

And I miss the eyeball. I kinda liked it actually.

little david said...

Annie, it is good to be back (home and online) although it took a day for my body to re-adjust to the lack of humidity.

Patti, it was all quite lovely. The lakes and ponds were vista for me. I was surprised at the number of joggers and bikers in the capital city. And I passed an auditorium where JAMES TAYLOR is going to be performing in the middle of this month! Why doesn't he ever return to West Texas?

Mindy, you are too weird with the eyeball thing. I have many more cows to post.