Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Parting shot

Tomorrow afternoon, Cat and I leave for Australia. We are very excited, and perhaps a bit nervous, given the recent travel restrictions. New Zealand Air was boasting about increased traffic since they have a route from NZ to the UK via Asia. Don't have to fly through the US.


Here is the last Madison cow for a while. It was hard to decide which shot to choose, but this one seems the most beautiful and whimsical. I can't believe how much time the artists spent on these cows. The photo below is taken closer up. If you click on it to enlarge, you can really see the details.


OK, I promise that I will try to post a time or two while down under. There are bound to be some interesting photo opportunities, although it is the end of winter there, so the flowers may not be plentiful.

5 comments:

Patti said...

I really enjoy trveling in the midwest. Next time, try to have a conference in Cincinatti. May God bless your journey and your visit. I can't wait to see the photos!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I KNOW that ya'll will have a wonderful time! And you will come back with even more friends.

I have LOVED the cows!

spookyrach said...

The cows have been way all cool! Hope you enjoy your trip and don't have too many security headaches.

See you when you get back!

Lori said...

This cow is great..........have a wonderful trip.....looking forward to hearing about your adventures when you get back.

annie said...

Wow, that is a detailed cow! Belated wishes for safe travel and an excellent visit. (For some reason, this post and the newest one have not shown up in my bloglines.)