Sunday, August 06, 2006

Another cow


What interested me about the cows in Madison was the willingness to really spend time on them, transforming them from predictable to, well, art. The shadow this one casts is nice, too. Click on the photo to see it bigger.

The conference that I attended focused on distance education. About a year ago I got an email from a guy who wanted to teach online for my university. His email said he had gotten his Bachelor's degree from us decades earlier and now that he had his doctorate, he felt he wanted to give something back. I clicked on the link to his website and was startled to see the cover of his latest book--startled because it is in my bookcase at work. This guy is a nationally known expert in online education. Well, it did not take me long to sign him up to teach for us.

At the conference, several people, including one of the keynote speakers, commented on how important this guy's books are to the study of distance learning. And when I went to one of his sessions (yes, he was there), I got to shake hands with him for the first time. He introduced me to other folks as his boss. It was way cool.

7 comments:

annie said...

That sounds way cool!

I do like the cow and her shadow.

Patti said...

Kinda makes up for having to e away from kith and kin, doesn't it?

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Why can't our cows look like that?

Lori said...

Oh I just love that one......

spookyrach said...

Impressive, definitely.

little david said...

Whut err yew tawkin bout--whut aksint?

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

~giggles~ Love your no accent david!