Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Esspess-chally for Mindy

How could I see this cow and not think of the Princess of Everything (and then some)? (For those of you who do not know Mindy, this is not a slam.) There was a piece of electrical conduit going up one leg and I suspect that the cow's crown lights up at night. This fine creature is on the plaza outside the Wisconsin state capitol building. Now, friends, you just don't see anything like that here in West Texas's Fake Cow City.

Have I mentioned the trip to Australia yet? As you may remember, our younger son plays in a band located in the Sydney area. Cat and I are going for a visit this month. And we are very excited. We have started stacking stuff in one bedroom so we can estimate the luggage requirements. Did you know that flying from West Texas to Sydney takes nearly an entire day and night? I'm going to start paying attention to those sleeping pill ads on TV.

7 comments:

annie said...

That Princess cow is almost as cool as Mindy herself! I have to agree, it seems Wisconsin cows are a little more artsy than Texas cows.

The Australia trip sounds like a fun one...

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Oh david I LOVE. THIS. COW! I. WANT. THIS. COW.

I wished that I beleived in name it and claim it ~grins~

Australia will be wonderful! Will they let you fly with liquids to there???

spookyrach said...

That is incredible! Our cows are just pretty embarrassing compared to these, aren't they?

(Its like going to the local art shows - if Dr. C.K. didn't paint it, don't waste yer time. ha ha!)

((Well, that's not really true, cuz I love going to the local art shows, but you know what I mean.))

jonboy said...

Electrical conduit running up the leg? Isn't that what they did at Abu Grahib (not sure how to spell it.)

By the way, don't knock the local cow artistry too much. The artists, one of whom I know and have had a lengthy conversation abou this with, didn't have much freedom in painting the cows. The business owners were apparently really pissy about how they wanted their cows to look.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

She is now the wallpaper on my computer.

I so want a cow.

Lori said...

I am speechless, the sheer beauty of this lovely cow overwhelms me.........only in Wisconsin.......

Lori said...

PS........I like the flower photo better than your eyeball....see I noticed.....maybe the others did, but were so enthralled by the cow, it slipped by them