Monday, July 31, 2006

Just a quickie

Whew! The last week has been busy. And it is not going to get any better. I leave for Madison WI tomorrow. I just checked the online comments on the hotel in which I am booked and the reviews were terrible. Now, I'm really looking forward to the trip.

Well, at least last week a friend from Hawaii was in town and Cat and I were able to spend some time with her. She brought plumeria blossoms (q.v.) as well as pikake blooms (they smell soooooo good!) Did I mention the pineapple and the tropical fruit preserves and the coconut syrup? So that was nice.

Anyway, I won't be around until next week, I imagine. Maybe I will get to read some of your blogs in a spare moment.

5 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Those are beautiful! Isn't it great to get something that reminds you of a good part of your life?

Have a good time! Hope the hotel is better than expected!

spookyrach said...

How beautiful! Glad you got to spend time with your friend.

Do you read Cheesehead? You should visit her in WI. Maybe you could ditch some meetings or something... ha ha!

Lori said...

The blooms are beautiful.......and Godspeed on your journey.

annie said...

The blooms are beautiful, which is more than I can say for that eyeball!! It still sort of gives me the willies, you'd think I'd be used to it by now!

Hope the travel accommodations are better than expected.

Lori said...

Yeah...........I ditto Annie's comment on the eyeball.......