Sunday, August 26, 2007

And now more interview questions

Cat and I had a great time at the concert (Three Redneck Tenors) on Friday. It turns out that one of them is married to a lady who went to school in Big Flat City. The guys gave us a show that included some impromptu clowning around and a couple more encores than one might have expected. As a bonus, the couple that sat next to us included a woman whom Cat and I had known in our college days. She had lived in Georgia until recently.

When we exited the theater, a thunderstorm was just beginning to get worked up. We got pretty spattered on the way to the car. (Yes, I offered to go get the car and bring it around, but Cat insisted on going with me. "It's only water.") Well, it was pouring down by the time we got to the car. Fortunately, we already had a hotel room there in town to which to return. And we spent most of the next day shopping in stores more diverse than those in Fake Cow Town. Little did we know that our fair town was hit overnight by lightning and windstorms that wreaked havoc. Tree branches were scattered all over the place when we returned home. That's what it is like to live in West Texas.

Enough delay--let's get on with the interview questions. These are for Patti and Christopher.

Patti--
Was there a "precipitating event" that sparked your desire to conserve and re-use?

If you could exchange one aspect of living in NY state with something characteristic of another state, what would you choose and why?

Was meeting Songbird face-to-face pretty much what you expected or were there surprises?

Out of all the American presidents past and current, with which one would you most like to sit down for conversation?

What do you think is the oddest item that you have saved although it no longer has a use?

Christopher--
How did you get from being an associate of San Antonio Baptist pastor Buckner Fannin to pastoring a UCC church in Indiana? Just the short version, please. (BTW, Cat and I belonged to Buckner's church for about 10 months in 1977-78.)

What prompted you to try your hand at writing poetry?

Is there a style of hair (facial or cranial) or of clothing you have wanted to try out, but didn't quite have the nerve?

What do you remember about a teacher during your elementary school days who most influenced your view of life at the time?

What experiences have you had with Iranians?

I look forward to your responses, really I do.

11 comments:

Patti said...

Thank you for such interesting questions! I'll get to them sometime during the week.

spookyrach said...

They are interesting questions. I look forward to reading everyone's answers.

I had no time for writing this weekend. Hopefully I will get to answer the questions tonight.

Sounds like you had a great weekend David! I bet the concert was a hoot!

little david said...

Patti--I look forward to your responses whenyou have some time to write them.

Rachel--The show was a hoot. At one point the guys got completely out of character and did about twenty minutes of improvisation. The tenor who wrote the script has a part in the show where he is relaxing with his shirt pulled up so his big white belly hangs out. Somehow the phrase "fat and pasty" worked its way into the dialog and he started making jokes with it. "Fat and pasty--it's delicious on saltines. What!? No fat and pasty in the house? What will the kids do now?" That sort of stuff. We all laughed.

spookyrach said...

I finally got the questions answered. Yay!

little david said...

Thanks, Rachel. I commented on your posting. Thanks for the remarks about SS. I like having you and Jackson there.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I want to play! Am I too late??

Anonymous said...

Hey David. Just stumbled upon your blog when I was looking at the Technology Committee on Blackboard. So now you will have to censor your posts!!!!!! (evil grin)

In Christ,

Kevin

little david said...

Mindy--Never too late in my book. I will come up with some good questions for you.

Kevin--Censor??? This blog is already perused by family, friends, students, and church members (including my pastor's wife). If it cleared that lot, I don't think anything else needs to be weeded out.

dwg said...

thanks for the questions, the answers are ready.

Paul said...

I've had enough questions myself for the time being, but I still like to read other people's questions and see them struggle with finding and formulating their answers. ;-) But you are all doing a great job. Hi from Holland.

Beth said...

Awesome questions. Gives me something to think about while I fold the laundry.

I confess to being a lurker, coming back around and checking on you, seeing you at Patti's blog and on Rachel's. On your map, I'm a red dot over on the easter seaboard....I'll try to be more vocal...

((waving goodbye)))