Sunday, July 15, 2007

Personality

Over at Carolanne's site I ran across a link to a personality test online. Here's the report from my quiz (run your cursor over the blocks to see the individual components):

The inventory was interesting. I admired its construction and, at least in my case, it seems to be fairly accurate. Of courses, I am the introspective sort, so I have already considered a number of the issues that it raised. If you would like to take the inventory yourself, click on PersonalDNA. There is no signup necessary to take the inventory.

In other news, I am pretty tired today. I hope that this means that the antibiotic I am taking for my pneumonia is taking effect. Tomorrow starts a big week for me: new staff members at work, a visiting colleague to fetch from the airport, training several people at once, providing dessert for an office lunch. And that's just Monday and Tuesday!

Cat and I went impulse shopping yesterday. We bought a clothes dryer and a vacuum cleaner. Well, we have needed replacements of those two for quite some time and, by golly, let's just do it, I heard myself say. From my brief and recent experience, I can tell you that Dyson's really work.

Inspired by SpookyRach's yearbook photo, I decided to post a yearbook photo myself. It is not from my yearbook. It is from the first year that our son Greg was in college. He made quite an impression, apparently. Yep, that's my boy.

8 comments:

spookyrach said...

He's my hair hero.

You analysis does sound pretty accurate. Think I'll try this too...

Hope you feel better soon!

annie said...

Ha! My son wore style number one for a long time. Thankfully, he never progressed to styles number two and three!

I too hope you get to feeling better soon. Sounds like you are going to be very busy and do not have time to be sick.

I'll have to check out the personality test.

spookyrach said...

BTW, I think you should call yourself the Gadarene Pneumoniac and ask to be cast out so you can stay home from work.

jonboy said...

If your analysis pegs you as having slightly low femininity and low masculinity ... what does that leave?

I've always liked the offspring's hair.

Paul said...

Don't worry about the low masculinity and femininity, little david. I took the test and they accuse me of being an advocating idealist. And - and this must remain our secret - I have HIGH femininity. So now maybe I have to change my name to Paula?

little david said...

Thanks for the comments and well wishes, all. Wow, Paul, IO guess I could have done worse than low masculinity, huh? I'm guessing that the femininity/masculinity scales had to do with empathy versus rugged individualism. And as we can see, I am slim on both!

Patti said...

Oh gee, I had that in December. The sickness wasn't nearly as bad as the medicine. Oh, and I am a considerate leader.

Carolanne said...

Hope you're on your way to feeling better soon. I had that the beginning of Dec last year too.
Not to be a doomsayer or whatever but you need to take it easy because minor relapses can occur if you get run down.

Hope you've survived your big week!