Sunday, July 22, 2007

Feeling better, thanks.

Well, let's just say that I feel less sick. And the first week of the transition is OVER! Of course, there will still be times when I will need to go back over to the other office to help out, but all day Friday I got to stay in my new office relatively uninterrupted. It was wonderful!

The lawn is starting to look like a jungle. Perhaps I can muster up the stamina to do the edging today. Cat's sister CS was here over the weekend and kept promising to mow the lawn. But that didn't happen. Oh, and Aileen, one of our friends from Hawaii, spent last week here in Fake Cow Town visiting the various offices. We wound up the week going to see the musical TEXAS in Palo Duro Canyon. The show was good (we sat three rows from the front of the stage!) and the person who got the award for visiting from furthest away was a Kenyan. I went and talked with him during the intermission. His sister-in-law, who was present, had taught Swahili at Brackenhurst, the Baptist conference center where Cat and I have stayed on our Kenya trips. Small world, eh? Anyway, Aileen seems to have enjoyed herself and will go back with memories of an incredibly flat landscape (the drive between here and the canyon). [Note to Aileen: I have opened the pineapple-papaya jam and guava jelly so far. Ummmmmm! Yummy!]

Aloha, y'all.

5 comments:

annie said...

Glad you are feeling better. I can't even imagine how y'all's part of Texas must look. I've never been past San Antonio.

I am getting ready to post my thoughts on the meme you mentioned back on June 26...yes, I am slow!

spookyrach said...

Glad your friend got to see the "real" version on TEXAS, not the crapstraviganza they replaced it with a few years ago. The "real" version ain't exactly high brow, but the "new Coke" version was downright embarassing.

Good luck with the new office! (Ester will loan you a goat for the lawn if need be.)

jonboy said...

Note to Annie -- in order to immagine how this part of Texas looks simply take out a piece of computer paper, draw a line through the center, color the bottom half brown and the top half blue ... there you have it. Although you might sprinkle in a little green in the bottom half since we have received quite a bit of rain this summer.

Aileen seemed nice. I hope she enjoyed her stay.

Carolanne said...

I'm glad you're feeling less sick.

What's the difference between jam and jelly anyway?

little david said...

Thanks for the comments, blogbuds. Carolanne, jam has bits of fruit pulp in it; jelly has everything strained out so it is transparent. Jam tends to be softer than jelly.