Thursday, November 17, 2005

Great hopes--dashed


I had great hopes of posting a photo of my latest project, but I haven't gotten back to it yet. Maybe tomorrow (Friday). In the meantime, here is a "watzat?" for you to work on. It came from a friend who lives in Pearl City (you have to guess which state or country).
Did I mention my Thanksgiving plans? Friends from California and Texas are getting together in New Mexico for the week of Thanksgiving. We willl see some people we have not seen in a dozen years. We will meet some children we have never seen before. We will eat and laugh and play games and talk and enjoy the beauty of God's creation. Now that's Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

jonboy said...

Is it a decorative pot, vase or bowl from Pearl City, Hawaii.

Happy Thanksgiving!

spookyrach said...

Curse you, Jonboy and your officious use of google!

Maybe its a fruit-themed spittoon. Or the knee of a pair of woodden lederhosen. (Do lederhosen have knees?) It could be a tray.

Is there a prize for making the most guesses?

SplineGuy said...

I'm going to go out a limb and say that its your motorcycle helmet.

little david said...

Well, my friend is from Pearl City, Hawai'i, but the object is not. Um, obviously it is decorative, but neither pot, vase, bowl, spittoon, tray, nor motorcycle helmet(!). Rach, I am more than a little nervous about promising a prize for the most guesses. But feel free to knock yourself out.

The WV is "pndzrpm"; this is the breakfast order of a patient with his jaw wired shut.

Running2Ks said...

I was thinking Maraca.

spookyrach said...

...which has me thinking maragarita, RTKs.

Well, I'm not going to waste a lot of perfectly good guesses unless there is some sort of a guaranteed payoff.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I KNOW I KNOW!

It is the cover for the serving dish that we will see at the catered lunch tomorrow...you know the one where we help build a tomb!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Or maybe a painted gourd? ~thinking I have got to get over and look at David and Cat's house...~