Friday, September 30, 2005

And the winner is . . .

Nobody. Only two guessers and neither one hit the mark, although the comment about walrus tusks was the closest miss. Several years ago I bought Cat a big elephant for Christmas. Since she has been collecting elephants for quite some time, it seemed appropriate. She was less than thrilled. So the nearly three-foot-tall, leather-covered pachiderm stands in my study.
Sometimes I place my eyeglasses on his tusks. Often I put my little black pillow on his back. That's the pillow I put under my chin to keep my jaw from dropping open while I doze in my recliner. (If I open my mouth while sleeping, I snore.) He is both a decorative and useful beast of burden.

3 comments:

spookyrach said...

Cool! (I was really hoping for vampire teeth. Oh well.) Nice lighting on the picture, too.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

~sighs~ I just wanted the recipe.

little david said...

Wanted the recipe? But you win everything! Or does it just have to be on a radio show call-in? OK, I will give you another chance. I will post another photo contest this evening. And add hints as the week goes by.