Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Office cat


SpookyRach suggested that I needed a cat for my office. Hey! I already have one! And it is very low maintenance. My mom painted this one about ten years ago. Every week or so I move it to a different location in the office. Oh, I have decorated the office for Christmas. I'll take some pix and post them later.

Yeah, the utilities workers came by and dug a hole in our street to fix the broken water pipe. I guess the part where they put asphalt over the mud comes later. For now we have a big mud square in front of our driveway.

Suddenlink did get our phone line operative, so now everything works--phone, internet, cable TV. The cost is lower than those three services purchased separately from other vendors, so I am happy. Just hope that Suddenlink is reliable.

I am so far behind on my preparation for the classes I teach online! Thank goodness for the upcoming Christmas break. Maybe I can get two or three lessons ahead. OK, it's bedtime now.

8 comments:

annie said...

I can tell, that's a good cat!

Glad to hear everything is installed and the water pipe is fixed.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Your mom did a great job!

jonboy said...

Your office cat is a lot like our cats, except yours may be more active if it moves to different places around your office.

spookyrach said...

A pet rock, however pretty it may be, does NOT count. Do you have plastic ferns in your office too?

little david said...

Annie--You are right, it's a very good cat: observant, quiet, doesn't shed. And the pipes got fixed and the street got mended. Thank you.

Mindy--She just loved painting cats (well, that is, painting pictures of cats).There were three "cat rocks" in the house when she died so each child got one.

Jonboy--Since your cat is articulated, it seems like it would move around more. Mine just lurks waiting to surprise unwary visitors.

Rachel--Plastic ferns, indeed! Feh! I will have you know my office has English ivy, long-leaf begonia, cacti, a really sturdy jade plant, cantaloupe vines, and a little plant with purple flowers that grows like a weed in our yard during the summer. All of these are doing quite well, thank you, given the southern exposure and my frequent watering. And my cat does not eat the plants or poop in their planters, either.

Carolanne said...

That's the kind of cat I could appreciate... and I know it wouldn't scare my dog!

Glad everything is up and working and hope you manage to get 2 or 3 lessons ahead over the break. :)

Unknown said...

Behind on your online course preparation...blame it on that darn virtual campus crew

Unknown said...

Behind on your online course preparation...blame it on that darn virtual campus crew