Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Just waiting.

This morning I noticed a puddle at our curb and realized that a water main had broken under the street and water was bubbling up to create a birdbath. The birds appreciated it, but I called the city to get it fixed. The phone rang and rang--no answering machine. Ten minutes later (after 8:00), I called back and the lady said they would send someone right out.

I was already waiting because the service rep from Suddenlink is supposed to be here between 8:30 and 10:30 to change my phone service. I called at 8:30 just to be sure that I was on the schedule. It took 27 minutes before a live operator answered. She reminded that he has until 10:30 to get here. In the meantime a truck from the city came out and painted a rectangle on the street to mark the area for the excavator to dig. As soon as they left the birds returned, intriguing the cat across the street. I cleaned out the refrigerator.

I checked my online class. I read a few blogs. I straightened up a bit. No excavator yet. No service rep. It's 10:19. Suppose I should start now calling Suddenlink so that it won't be too much past 10:30 when I get hold of them? ~subdued grrrr~

4 comments:

annie said...

Here's hoping all is now as it should be in your neck of the woods!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Ask Ester but I think that they are supposed to pay you $25 if they do not come out by the time they said that they would.

For Reals.

That Janie Girl said...

Hope they got it fixed!

jonboy said...

We switched our phone service to suddenlink. It took a few weaks to work out the kinks. Mindy discovered that dealing with the people in the office will get you nowhere. If you have any problems, call the service men directly. That's what we did and they were always very helpful.