Saturday, September 22, 2007

The snacks worked!

At the suggestion of Mindy, I set out some peanut butter AND tortilla chips on the deck to see if the Mindybird would be attracted to it. Then I sat with my camera on a tripod and waited. And waited. And waited. Good thing I brought along a couple of crossword puzzles. Then it happened--the Mindybird flew to the railing and eyed the snacks. She looked me over carefully then dropped to the deck floor. I was able to get this photo before she snatched a chip and took off. Amiable little critter, but kind of shy.

8 comments:

Jody Harrington said...

LOL! Great! Love it.

spookyrach said...

Ha ha! That's too funny!

That Janie Girl said...

Dude. I'm glad I live down here and you live up there. You are ornery!

Mindybird looks like she's kind of...um....parrot-toed.

But happy!

little david said...

QG, Rachel, and Janie--I'm not saying that the Mindybird behaves anything like Mindy the blogger. But the bird does seem to have a sense of humor. What appears to be "parrot-toed" behavior was actually the end of a little dance she did at the sight of the tortilla chips. And the big smile speaks for itself.

annie said...

She is quite a colorful little bird.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

*snickers* I think she is very pretty! And she DANCES! Such a talented bird!!

I really am liking her lipstick!!

Paul said...

Somebody had some serious fun with Photoshop here... :-)

Phiz said...

Keep those snacks away from your windows... we don't want her flying into the windows!!!

What a beautiful BIRD!