Saturday, February 25, 2006

Weekend word U

This is a busy day because I have a busy week ahead of me and I need to get ready. But I will go ahead and post a weekend word. The last one ("tellurian") attracted far fewer comments than I anticipated, so I hope you like this one. It is UXORIAL [uhk-SO-ree-uhl]. I am guessing that some of you will have signed a contract at one time which included the phrase et ux. Not really the prettiest sounding word, ux is the Latin word for "wife." So anything that has to do with wives can be described as uxorial. I wanted to make up a poem rhyming "so real" and our featured word, but there is no time. See you when I get back from San Diego.

2 comments:

spookyrach said...

That's gonna be a real deal-breaker on the "work it into your conversation three times today and you will always remember this word" plan. Ha ha!

Beth said...

Hey, this is cool! My first time here - I love new words! I'll be back....

Thanks for expanding my vocabulary!