Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas to all

Well, what do you know--it's Christmas! Since neither of our boys were coming to West Texas for Christmas, Cat and I did not really put a huge effort into decorating. We did set up the artificial tree we bought on sale last year. It looks very nice and supports the ornaments well. Normally over the fireplace we display montage of an old wooden house that I made decades ago. Cat decided it would be fun to decorate the picture of the old house. Here's what it turned out like.

I particularly like the crĂȘche scene in the window (poor beleaguered Mary has lost her head so don't look too closely). The lights around the door are a necklace Cat forgot to wear.

Well, there is no weekend word yet. It is supposed to start with "O" so I suppose that I could just say, "Oh, well." It's been a little busy here. I made a new gate, built an organizer for a kitchen drawer, and cleaned up the flower beds. Then there is a meal to prepare for tomorrow. The dough for the rolls is in the refrigerator, eggs are boiled for the giblet gravy, cranberry sauce is made, and the table is set. Maybe if it slows down Sunday evening I can post something. Until then, have a merry Christmas (or "Happy Christmas" as they say in merry old England).

5 comments:

Running2Ks said...

Merry Christmas!

jonboy said...

Merry "late" Christmas.

And by the way, I'm going to compromise and refer to you as little hibou.

little david said...

Perhaps I will reciprocate by calling you "Opie-boy." :-P

spookyrach said...

The broken window is my favorite part. Hope you had a great Christmas!

Anonymous said...

The broken window shows the austere conditions.

oh btw when I lived in England we said Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

hope both were blessed :)