Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Five things I dig about Jesus

Patti tagged me for this posting. The rules and my selections are below the list.

1. His humility (not to be confused with false modesty). "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father" [Matthew 24:36].
2. His sarcasm with the religious elite. "Woe to you Pharisees, because you give God a tenth of your mint, rue, and all other kinds of garden herbs, but you neglect justice and the love of God" [Luke 12:42a].
3. His integrity and willingness to tell the truth no matter what. "When Jesus heard this, he was amazed at [the centurion] and turning to the crowd following him, he said, 'I tell you , I have not found such faith even in Israel'" [Luke 7:9].
4. His compassion. "When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd" [Matthew 9:36].
5. His acceptance of people's faith. "When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, 'Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven'" [Matthew 9:2b].

Here are the rules:
(a) Those tagged will share "Five Things They Dig About Jesus".
(b) Those tagged will tag 5 people.
(c) Those tagged will leave a link to their meme in the comments section of this post so everyone can keep track of what's being posted.

Here's who I tagged:
Mindy, Annie, Carolanne, Paul, and Phyllis

8 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Very very cool list david!

spookyrach said...

Liked your list. Reeeeeaaaallly glad you are going to be back on Sunday.

annie said...

I like your answers David. I've been thinking about what my own list would look like.

Paul said...

Thanks for tagging me, David. I didn't forget about it - just need some more time. Keep coming back!

Patti said...

great list, david.

Carolanne said...

OK, I'm going to go and post it now while you are sleeping!

Paul said...

Good news! I finally posted my answers... :-)

Paul said...

I didn't read your answers, because I wanted to write my own replies without being influenced by yours. But look at the similarities!