Monday, May 21, 2007

Now coming to you from Africa

I have not taken any photos yet; the camera has been buried in my take-on luggage. But I have had plenty of thoughts over the last 48 hours (38 of which have been spent wearing the same clothes I put on to start this trip. Weather was not problematic, all our luggage arrived at the Nairobi airport the same time we did, and there were people at the airport to meet us when we arrived. Now our team is dog-tired, but enjoying the sunshine, flowers, and cool mountain air.

I am composing this post on a computer in the lab in the library basement. The electricity has shut down twice while I have been working on this; but we have a large bank of batteries for backup, so the only thing hindering me is that I keep dozing off while typing. It makes for a lot of editing.

Promise, I will take some photos and come back when my sentences don't end witg worfffffffffffff

4 comments:

spookyrach said...

We thought about y'all this weekend. Glad your trip is off to a good start!

Anxiously awaiting photos...

annie said...

Aw, man, I did not know you were gone already! Glad you had a safe journey over. Can't wait to see the pictures and read about the work.

jonboy said...

You should really tell people what's going on before you leave. Since your job was posted on Monday and you are subsequently gone for three weeks, I have been bombarded with questions about the state of your employment with the university.
I just tell everybody you cussed out the VP and told them where they could stick your computer terminal and have since been admitted to an in-house rehab program for evaluation.

little david said...

OK, RAaach and Annie, I am posting photos now. Thanks, JB, for all your help at work. Can't wait to see you again.