Saturday, April 07, 2007

Yeah, it snowed


As predicted yesterday, it snowed overnight. Here is what tulips look like after a two-inch snowfall. There has been a little snow coming down this morning, but now that the temperature has warmed up to a degree below freezing, the streets are wet but clear of snow.

If you did not read the previous post, do so and then come back to these photos. They will make more sense that way.


Here's our kitchen filled with couches and an entertainment center. See the dark area on the top of the front couch? That's where the dust has been wiped off. Oh, yeah, there's a fine layer of dust throughout the house, but mostly in the kitchen. We will be washing everything we cook with and eat from before and after using.

Here is an example of the interruptive flooring pattern. The area to the bottom left was in the old sitting room. The top left is from the old dining room and straight ahead is the former hallway leading from the front door. Cat had hoped that the sanding and staining would make everything the same color, but there are some dark areas (from the stains left be previous owners) and light areas (from my piecing in new wood). Well, it's old and I suppose I have some light and dark areas that will not go away as well.

Here's the way that the whole living room looks now, solemnly awaiting the restoration of pictures and furniture.

3 comments:

Carolanne said...

Great photos and now your excuse is accepted. :)

The tulip looks like it's drooping beneath the weight of the cold snow. Poor tulip.

Now I am wondering what your whole house looks like. I remember someone once started off a 'tour of the house" type blogging post/meme thing. It would be interesting to enter the homes of my blogging friends and by photo would be better than nothing. Of course, if I would do it, I'd have to clean up before taking the phhotos. Hmmmmm.

jonboy said...

I love wood floors. Now I'm going to have to get started on the remainder of my house. I just need to remember to take before and after photos, however.

Patti said...

We need to get our floor refinished, or finished for the first time. I stripped carpet and antique linoleum and am down to the sub floor. But Victorian sub floor is really pretty pine. How's it look with the furniture back in place?